Japanese-style Seasoned Salmon Recipe
When you get fresh salmon from a shop or a market, what would you cook? Sushi? Sashimi? Teriyaki?
In this post, I want to share an easy recipe to make Japanese-style seasoned salmon. It can be enjoyed as salmon rice bowl, salad, or a good appetizer menu.
Preparation time : 10 mins Waiting time : At least 30 mins
Ingredients (For 2-3 people)
- Fresh salmon to be eaten raw (Sushi-grade salmon) : 200 – 300 grams
- Soy sauce : 2-3 tablespoon (You can adjust depending on the quantity of salmon)
- Mirin (*Sweet cooking rice wine) : 2 tablespoon
- Water or cooking sake : 2 tablespoon
- Sesame oil : 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper : 1 teaspoon or moderate amount (if you want)
*What is Mirin? Check these explanations in English or Finnish.
1. Make the sauce
- Warm up mirin (and cooking sake if you have) in a microwave for a minute
- Mix it with other ingredients for sauce
2. Soak salmon in the sauce
- Cut salmon as you like
- Soak the salmon in the sauce
- Keep it in a fridge at least for 30 mins or even longer (I recommend even a couple hours)
*I sprinkled green onion and sesame over salmon.
Soaking salmon in the sauce improves preservative quality but it’s still better to eat it in 1-2 days.
How can you enjoy this more? – Arranged recipe –
1. Salmon rice bowl
2. Salmon salad
-Vegetables (whatever you like)