Juicy Roast Pork with Onion and Soy Sauce
- Pork belly 400g – 500g
- Onion (Half size or whole)
- Soy sauce : 3 tablespoon
- Sugar : 2 tablespoon
- Mirin : 2 tablespoon
- Vinegar : 1-2 table spoon as you like
1. Grate an onion and mix with say sauce, sugar, miring and vinegar
2. Prick pork belly with a fork, then put the pork and the sauce in a bowl or a bag, rub it for 3 mins.
3. Broil both sides of the pork for 2 minutes each. (Keep the sauce. Don’t throw it away!)
4. Add the sauce and water (100 – 200ml depending on how concentrated the sauce gets later on) and simmer for 15 minutes. Then turn over the pork and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Cut the pork and done. Enjoy it!